- It is recommended candidates use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers as they both best support this application.
- After submitting your completed application, please be sure to check your 'Spam/Junk' mail for an acknowledgement email.
- When you receive a signature verification email, kindly click on the link or copy and paste the link unto a browser to verify your signature.
- Electronic applications will be acknowledged automatically. Please keep this acknowledgement as proof of delivery of your application. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please contact the HR Department.
- Do not forward CVs with this form.
- Applicants may be shortlisted from their application forms. Please ensure that information given is sufficiently comprehensive and within the word limit outlined. The onus is on candidates to establish eligibility in this application form.
- Before you submit the form, please ensure that you have reviewed and completed all sections – this can be done by saving your application before submitting. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
- Any employment offered is dependent on the information given being true. False or misleading information or deliberate omissions may result in termination of employment.
- All documents relating to this competition will be retained on file for a period of 2 years following the expiry of the panel formed.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Phone queries can be made to Human Resources Section on 045-980740 or, Email- email@example.com
- Please ensure that you have certified copies of all qualifications, as indicated on this application form, available for inspection if requested
Please refer to Candidate Information Booklet for further information. Click Here
Kildare County Council reserves its right to shortlist candidates, in the manner it deems most appropriate, to proceed to the interview stage of the competition. Shortlisting will be completed on the basis of information supplied on the application form and the likely number of vacancies to be filled. It is therefore in your own interest to provide a detailed and accurate account of your qualifications / experience on the application form. The shortlisting process will provide for the assessment of each applicant’s application form against predetermined criteria that reflect the skills and depth of experience considered to be essential for a position at this level.
Kildare County Council is seeking to establish a panel of Clerical Officers to fill Temporary & Permanent posts that arise during the life of the panel.
Each candidate must be of good character.
Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Education, Training and Experience etc.:
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms: -
(a) Have obtained at least Grade D (or a Pass), in Higher or Ordinary Level, in five subjects from the approved list of subjects in the Department of Education Established Leaving Certificate Examination or Leaving Certification Vocational Programme.
(b) have passed an examination of at least equivalent standard;
(c) Have had at least two year’s previous service in the office of Clerical Officer, Clerk/Typist (Clerical Duties), Clerk Typist (Typing and Clerical Duties) or Clerk/Typist under a local authority, or health board in the State;
(d) have satisfactory relevant experience which encompasses demonstrable equivalent skills;
(e) have a proficiency or aptitude with computers.
This is a rolling competition, there will be no closing date for receipt of completed application forms. Applications will be processed in order of receipt of completed applications.